Monday, February 23, 2009

2 weeks and 4 days- wynken, blynken, and nod


Avery is now 2 weeks and 4 days old. She has been sleeping pretty much the same amount of time each day since we brought her home, but I woke up this morning officially TIRED! I guess that I have just been in survival mode but now that things are getting settled, the lack of sleep is really getting to me. The thing that keeps me moving each day is the thought that I have a really good baby. She sleeps more than most babies, so I am just thankful that I get what I get from the land of nod. I feel so sorry for all the other new mommies out there that have yet to get a block of sleep from their little ones at night. Just hang in there. One day pretty soon you will wake up from that bissful block of sleep and actually miss your baby that you haven't seen in a few hours. So I guess that tiredness is all in how you look at it. (As are all things in life and motherhood...)




Which leads me into a story-




I said to one of my friends the other day, "Avery really has been sleeping well."


She replied, "Oh how great for you. How long will she sleep at night?"


"She will sleep some nights for five hours at a time", I replied with somewhat smug smile.


"Oh you poor thing," she said sympathetically as she looked down at my beautiful baby, "It will get better for you guys."


I wanted to scream, "ARE YOU CRAZY! That is wonderful in the world of two week old babies." But I was able to hold myself back. Because even though I am proud of my little girl for being so wonderful, I know that she is right. As good as I think being a mom is now, things will get better and better and better. And for that I am so grateful.





No comments:

Post a Comment